Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mirroring - High Safety Mode

I'm testing DB mirroring in high safety mode without a witness server. When
I try to simulate a complete failure of the principal server (I stop the
principal SQL Server service) I can't get the mirrored DB's to come online.
The status is stuck in "mirror, disconnected/in recovery"
I don't have any errors in the event log other than an event ID 1474, SQL
communication error with the principal server.
Do I need a witness server ? CAN I GET A WITNESS ! ?
Nick
I added a witness server and this resolved my problem.
"Nick" <larosan@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:udadnef-_oVQGt3bnZ2dnUVZ_uKknZ2d@.comcast.com...
> I'm testing DB mirroring in high safety mode without a witness server.
> When I try to simulate a complete failure of the principal server (I stop
> the principal SQL Server service) I can't get the mirrored DB's to come
> online. The status is stuck in "mirror, disconnected/in recovery"
> I don't have any errors in the event log other than an event ID 1474, SQL
> communication error with the principal server.
> Do I need a witness server ? CAN I GET A WITNESS ! ?
> Nick
>
>
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment