Monday, February 20, 2012

Migrating to a new database server

I need to migrate the DTS, the jobs, users and everything from a
database on a Windows 2000 server (SQL 2000, upgraded from SQL 7), to
another (Windows Server 2003, SQL 2000). The databases that do not
already exist on the new server I can restore those from a backup just fine.
The ones that exist (master, model, msdb) I can't copy over from a
restore. It tells me that exclusive access could not be obtained
because the database is in use.
Is there an easy/straightforward way to get everything - especially DTS
and the batch jobs - from my old server to the new one?
Any advice appreciated.
BCSee this post from yesterday: "Moving a DB from 1 Server 2 another".
HTH
Jerry
"Blasting Cap" <goober@.christian.net> wrote in message
news:Ogobt0qeGHA.2456@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I need to migrate the DTS, the jobs, users and everything from a database
>on a Windows 2000 server (SQL 2000, upgraded from SQL 7), to another
>(Windows Server 2003, SQL 2000). The databases that do not already exist
>on the new server I can restore those from a backup just fine.
> The ones that exist (master, model, msdb) I can't copy over from a
> restore. It tells me that exclusive access could not be obtained because
> the database is in use.
> Is there an easy/straightforward way to get everything - especially DTS
> and the batch jobs - from my old server to the new one?
> Any advice appreciated.
> BC
>

No comments:

Post a Comment