Saturday, February 25, 2012

Migration from Access to Sql Server

Hi, I import my tables from Access to SQl Server 2000
actually MSDE with the SQL server tools.

Is there a way to have the same table name as in access
because in SQl server it seems I have to call my
tables that way : testdb.dbo.po instead of just po in VB access.
That means changing all my Querys :(

Also I installed sql server on 1 PC (WinXp Pro) on my network and install the client
tools on another PC (Win98) but how can I access SQL Server from that PC?
When I'm in VB and do a connection with the ADO object I don't get
any server listed in it??
My connection string use on my local PC with server on it is working fine.

StrSqlSrv = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _
"Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=imdedi;" & _
"Data Source=" & servername

Also Is it possible to package (With VB package) a program using MSDE so that it will
install MSDE and create all tables on the client PC?

Can DAO connects to sql server?

Thank you. I know... alot of questions :)> That means changing all my Querys :(

no it doesn't. try it. you can use

databasename.username.tablename

or just

tablename|||Hi, this is my connections that work fine with ADO
The only thing I do is changing the ConnectionString to my Sql Server
To make it work I have to use the .dbo thing....
This works ->> testdb.dbo.company

company.ConnectionString = StrSqlSrv
company.RecordSource = "SELECT compno,compname,telno FROM company ORDER BY compno;"

company.Refresh

Here is the error I get
A message box display Invalif Object Name company
When I click OK then
a run-time error"
(80040e37) Method 'Refresh' of Object 'IAdodc' failed|||Hi, I was able to access my tables without the .dbo
I was missing a user...

No comments:

Post a Comment