Saturday, February 25, 2012

Migration from DTS to SSIS

Hi everybody,

I would REALLY appreciate it if some had a link to a good tutorial about migration from DTS to SSIS, but without visual studio . net.

For example I need to use DTS package in sql server 2005 and execute them, I used migration wizard (SQL 2005) but it didn't work because i have in my computer sql 2000 et sql 2005 and the server name is PC2, however when i use the server source PC2 and the server destination PC2 an error message appear "server destination should be a sql server 2005 instance ".

help me please..

Thanks very much anyone response my question.

Moving to the SSIS 2005 forum from the SSIS 2008 forum.|||

If the connection is to a computer with both 2000 and 2005 on it, the 2005 install needs to be referenced by the server and instance name (MACHINENAME\INSTANCENAME).

No comments:

Post a Comment