Saturday, February 25, 2012

Migration from Oracle 7.34 to SQL 2000

I'm attempting to move a database which currently exists on an old Oracle
7.34 instance and tried to use Data Import via DTS to SQL 2000.
The Oracle database consists of views, indexes,packages,triggers as well as
tables structures. I tried DTS using both the ODBC and OLE for Oracle and
only tables and data came over correctly.
Views it appears were converted into tables. Indexes not at all.
I'm using the Oracle 9.2 client on my workstation.
Any ideas on how I might be able to convert this database over from Oracle?
thksYou'll have to move the code, views, etc manually
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"Jack Snow" <mrbrew5510@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:tea_c.4190$lv3.2047604@.news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> I'm attempting to move a database which currently exists on an old Oracle
> 7.34 instance and tried to use Data Import via DTS to SQL 2000.
> The Oracle database consists of views, indexes,packages,triggers as well
as
> tables structures. I tried DTS using both the ODBC and OLE for Oracle and
> only tables and data came over correctly.
> Views it appears were converted into tables. Indexes not at all.
> I'm using the Oracle 9.2 client on my workstation.
> Any ideas on how I might be able to convert this database over from
Oracle?
>
> thks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment